Online Poker is a popular game in South African online casinos. Online Poker is an internet card game in which the player that has a strong card hand wins the game. When playing Online Poker, the player will play alongside the online casino software that stands in for a casino dealer. Poker is a game that most South African players have been exposed to by just playing with friends. Online Poker has made its rounds and has transformed into a strategic and classical game.
SA Online Casinos with the Best Games
How to Play Online Poker South Africa
Online Poker is a simple game. Each player gets five cards that are randomly selected. With these cards, a player can decide to keep or loose as many cards as they would like. ‘Jacks or Better” is the most common type of Online Poker and is the easiest one to learn. Players can use it to practice.
Online Poker – How to Play
- In a round of betting, there is an opening deal where every player is given two cards face down, known as poker cards.
- In the first round of betting, players from the left can call a raise, fold or big blind. Players that have chosen big blind have the option of raising the pot, which is the money that has been used to bet.
- Then follows the flop. This is where the dealer burns the card and plays with three community cards face up.
- In the second round of betting, players on the left of the dealer button can bet or check. When a bet has been made, every player can choose to call, fold or raise.
- Then there is the turn. Here the dealer is burning another card and add a fourth card face up to the community card. Cards faced down in the middle of the table and are all used by players. The fourth card is known as the turn card.
- The third round of playing is the same as the second round, only the size of the bets increase.
- Then the river. This is where the dealer burns another card and adds the fifth and last card on the community cards. The fifth card is known as the river card.
- The last round of betting is the same as the second and the third round.
- Then comes the shutdown. Here you use the best five-card combination of their hole cards and community cards. The players that are still in the game now show their hands with the dealer showing first. The highest five cards win the money, and if there is a tie, then the players split the money.
Online Poker tips for South African players
Here are some top tips for playing poker at online casinos:
You need to spend your time wisely. Use the free play poker game to enhance your online casino gaming skills.
Start by betting small
It is wise to start small especially if you are still learning how to play the game. You must give yourself a chance to experience the game. Do not rush into bigger bets. Always make sure that you are familiar with the poker game.
Relax when playing online poker game
Playing Online Poker for the first time might be intimidating. As a player, you will need to relax and feel free so that you won’t end up making wrong decisions. Take a deep breath, calm down and relax.
Never play online poker tired
It is never a good idea to play any casino game while you are tired. Online casino games are available to play at any time and any place. You should play the games when you are relaxed.
Have the right mindset when playing Online Poker
Do not play for the sake of playing or for the sake of wanting to win back the money you lost. Chasing losses usually lead to more losses.
Different Online Poker Hands
- Straight flush: 5 cards in numerical order, all of the same suits. A straight flush consists of an ace, jack, queen, king, and ten.
- Full House: two cards of a different rank and three cards of the same suit. When there is a tie, the Highest 3 matching cards wins the pot, the money that players used to bet. With community card games, the cards are face down in the middle of the table and are shared by all players.
- High card: In the results of a draw the highest card wins, and if necessary, the second to the smallest card may be used to break a tie.
- 4 of a Kind: 4 cards with the same suit, and a single sided card.When there is a draw, the highest four of a kind card wins. With community card games, when players possess the same 4th of a kind then the highest 5th side card which is a card that does not determine the value of the hand wins.
- Flush: 5 cards of the same suit. The player that holds the highest ranking cards wins. If in need, the 2nd highest to the 5th highest card will be used to break the draw. The money is split if all the cards are of the same ranks. The rank itself will not be used to break a draw in a poker game.
Online Poker vs. Video Poker
Video Poker and Online Poker are very similar. The rules of Video Poker are the same as online poker. Online Poker is for good poker players that use strategy, tactics, odds calculations and flop-reading skills to play the game. Video poker is for people who prefer gaming machines.
History of Online Poker
Poker is a casino game with a long history. Poker has evolved over the years, and It takes its inspiration from different casino games. The idea of playing card games started in 1377.
John Rheinfelden, a Swiss Monk, was the first person to record a card game. John recorded a card game that was played in the year 1377 with 52 cards. The value of the cards was from 1-10. Historians claim it is an offspring of the Persian card game named Nas, in the 16th century.
Poker first became popular in the 1800s and has kept growing ever since it gained popularity. The history of Poker can be traced back to the 1970s. Si Redd came with the idea of a video poker game.
Online Poker Glossary
Here is a list of terms that Top Online Casinos has compiled for both new and experienced poker players.
- All-In: all in refers to when you have run out of betting chips while you are still betting, a side pot is created for the player. There is no need for the player to go into their pockets to get money.
- Blind: wagering placed by gamblers on the left side of the dealer.
- Button: an acrylic disk which points the dealer.
- Call: putting money that is equal to the recent bet into the pot.
- Community Cards: community cards are cards that are presented face-up in the middle of the poker table and are shared among gamblers in games like Omaha and Hold’em.
- Dealer: a person who represents the casino and monitors the game.
- Dominated Hand: a hand that will almost and always lose to a better hand.
- Family Pot: a pot for all players. They use it to call before the washout.
- Favourite: a poker hand which is the player’s favourite to win.
- Wild: a card that can stand in for other cards to make a winning match.
Online Poker FAQs
New and experienced players are bound to have questions about Online Poker. Top Online Casinos has compiled a list of frequently asked questions about Online Poker.
Can Online Poker be played for free?
Yes. Online Poker can be played for free online using free play. It is part of the free online gaming mode that every online casino has for players. Players can play it to better their gaming skills before they can play for real money. Players can play online poker for free as many times as they like.
How many versions of Online Poker are available?
Online Poker has a lot of different versions available to play online. The most popular Online Poker versions are deuces-wild and jacks and better. Besides the listed ones, there are more versions out there.
Are Poker sites able to see what I am doing on my computer?
Yes, Online Poker sites can see what is on your computer. There is an agreement between a player and the poker site that includes how the casino site is allowed to monitor your computer while you are playing on their site.
Do I need broadband (hi-speed internet connection) to play online?
No. But if you are going to play for real money you are going to need it.
What is a Poker network?
A Poker Network is a group of poker rooms that use the same software provider. The biggest poker network has more than 30 poker rooms.
How do I start playing Online Poker?
You need to make sure that you are connected to the internet before you can start playing Online Poker. The second thing you need to do is to know that your device is compatible with the casino software, then register, log in and start playing