Online Poker in South Africa is a popular game with very good odds of winning. In definition, online poker South Africa is an internet card game in which the player that has a strong card hand wins the game. When you join the poker online table, you will play alongside an online poker casino software that stands in for a casino dealer.
However, this is different from live poker which is played against a real SA online poker casino dealer. Real money poker is a game that most South African players have been exposed to by just playing with friends.
South Africa online Poker has made its rounds and has transformed into a strategic and classical game at the best South African online casinos. So, if you’re looking to learn how to play poker online at the top online poker sites as well as everything poker, you have come to the right place. Get started with our quick guide to South African online poker games!
Compare the Best Online Poker Sites for 2020
Online Poker Real Money South Africa
Online Poker is a simple casino game. Each player gets five cards that are randomly selected. With these cards, a player can decide to keep or loose as many cards as they would like.
Jacks or Better and Texas Hold em are the most common types of online poker games and are the easiest to learn. Players can use these variations to practice.
How to Play Online Poker in South Africa
- In a round of betting, there is an opening deal where every player is given two cards face down, known as poker cards.
- In the first round of betting, players from the left can call a raise, fold or big blind. Players that have chosen big blind have the option of raising the pot, which is the money that has been used to bet.
- Then follows the flop. This is where the dealer burns the card and plays with three community cards face up.
- In the second round of betting, players on the left of the dealer button can bet or check. When a bet has been made, every player can choose to call, fold or raise.
- Then there is the turn. Here the dealer is burning another card and add a fourth card face up to the community card. Cards faced down in the middle of the table and are all used by players. The fourth card is known as the turn card.
- The third round of playing is the same as the second round, only the size of the bets increase.
- Then the river. This is where the dealer burns another card and adds the fifth and last card on the community cards. The fifth card is known as the river card.
- The last round of betting is the same as the second and the third round.
- Then comes the shutdown. Here you use the best five-card combination of their hole cards and community cards. The players that are still in the game now show their hands with the dealer showing first. The highest five cards win the money, and if there is a tie, then the players split the money.
Best Online Poker Tips South Africa – Winning Poker Tips
Here are some top tips for playing poker at online casinos:
You need to spend your time wisely. Use free poker games to enhance your online casino gaming skills.
Start with small real money online poker stakes
It is wise to start small especially if you are still learning how to play the game. You must give yourself a chance to experience the game. Do not rush into bigger bets. Always make sure that you are familiar with the poker game.
Relax when playing online poker game
Playing Online Poker for the first time might be intimidating. As a player, you will need to relax and feel free so that you won’t end up making wrong decisions. Take a deep breath, calm down and relax.
Never play online poker tired
Never play casino games when you are tired as it messes with your focus. Games will always be there, so there is no need to play when you’re exhausted.
Have the right mindset when playing Online Poker
Do not play for the sake of playing or for the sake of wanting to win back the money you lost. Chasing losses usually lead to more losses.
SA Online Poker – Types of Online Poker Hands
- Straight flush: 5 cards in numerical order, all of the same suits. A straight flush consists of an ace, jack, queen, king, and ten.
- Full House: two cards of a different rank and three cards of the same suit. The highest 3 matching cards win the pot if there is a tie.
- High card: A hand that comprises of none of the combinations mentioned.
- 4 of a Kind: 4 cards with the same suit, and a single sided card.When there is a draw, the highest four of a kind card wins. With community card games, when players possess the same 4th of a kind then the highest 5th side card which is a card that does not determine the value of the hand wins.
- Flush: 5 cards of the same suit. The player that holds the highest ranking cards wins.
Real Money Online Poker vs Video Poker Online
Video Poker and Online Poker games are very similar. Online Poker is for good poker players that use strategy, tactics, odds calculations and flop-reading skills to play the game. Video poker is for people who prefer gaming machines.
South African Online Poker History
Poker is a casino game with a long history. Poker has evolved over the years, and It takes its inspiration from different casino games. The idea of playing card games started in 1377.
John Rheinfelden, a Swiss Monk, was the first person to record a card game. The value of the cards was from 1-10. Historians claim it is an offspring of the Persian card game named Nas, in the 16th century.
Poker became popular in the 1800s and has kept growing ever since it gained popularity. Si Redd came with the idea of a video poker game.
Top Online Poker Terms
Here is a list of terms that Top Online Casinos has compiled for both new and experienced poker players.
- All-In: refers to when you have run out of betting chips while you are still betting.
- Blind: wagering placed by gamblers on the left side of the dealer.
- Button: an acrylic disk which points the dealer.
- Call: putting money that is equal to the recent bet into the pot.
- Community Cards: cards presented face-up in the middle of the poker table.
- Dealer: a person who represents the casino and monitors the game.
- Dominated Hand: a hand that will almost and always lose to a better hand.
- Family Pot: a pot for all players. They use it to call before the washout.
- Favourite: a poker hand which is the player’s favourite to win.
- Wild: a card that can stand in for other cards to make a winning match.
South Africa Online Poker FAQs
Is online poker legal in South Africa?
Online poker is not clearly illegal in South Africa. In fact, the law does not prohibit SA poker players from playing poker at legal online poker sites and joining online poker tournaments.
Can you play poker online for money in South Africa?
Of course. You can play poker online real money at our highly recommended online poker real money South Africa sites.
How do you play poker online?
Playing online poker is very easy in South Africa. All you need to do is follow these quick and easy steps on how to play poker cash games online.
- Choose and join the best SA online poker site from our list.
- Make a deposit.
- Choose your favourite top online poker games at the poker casino lobby.
- Choose your hands and stake.
- Withdraw your online poker real money winnings and enjoy!
Can online poker be played for free?
Yes. You can play free poker online. It is part of the free online gaming mode that every online casino has for players. Players can play it to better their gaming skills before they can play for real money.
Players can play online poker for free as many times as they like.
How many types of top online poker games are available?
Online Poker has a lot of different versions available to play online. The most popular Online Poker versions are deuces-wild, Caribbean stud poker and jacks and better an. Besides the listed ones, there are more versions out there.
Are poker sites able to see what I am doing on my computer?
No, what you do on your computer is completely private.
Do I need broadband (hi-speed internet connection) to play on line poker?
No. But if you are going to play live poker you may need it.
What is an on line poker network?
A Poker Network is a group of poker rooms that use the same software provider. The biggest poker network has more than 30 poker rooms.
How do I start playing poker online?
The first thing that you will need to do is ensure that you have proper internet connection. The second thing you need to do is to know that your device is compatible with the casino software, then register, login and start playing.
What’s the best online poker site for real money?
What poker app uses real money?
Europa Casino App, Silversands Casino App and all the other casino apps on our list above.
More Casino Games to Play Online: