Online Baccarat is a card game that sees South African players compete for a winning hand which consists of two or more playing cards. The winning hand is one that has a value of 9 or as close to 9. Online baccarat has a lot to offer all S.A players. Online Baccarat is a card game that permits gamblers to use their great gaming skills when making moves. In the end, baccarat is a game of luck. Online Baccarat is one of the oldest and most popular casino games. In the past, Baccarat was associated with a card game that was played by the elite only. Today online Baccarat can be played by any player.
SA Online Casinos with the Best Games
History of Online Baccarat
Baccarat is one of the oldest known casino games. It was first documented in the early 1400’s when it appeared in France via Italy. The name Baccarat derives from the Italian term “baccarat” which means zero. All Tens, Queens, Kings, and Jacks have a value of zero. It also refers to any hand that has a total of zero. While this casino game was first documented in the 1400’s, it took over for 500 years to become one of the premier casino games. Online Baccarat game was popular among the French royalty and during the time there were already several versions being played. It took several years for Baccarat to gain popularity.
There have been three versions of Baccarat that have remained popular over the years. These are Baccarat chiming de fer, Punto Banco and Baccarat banquet. All the game versions use identical sets of rules with the only difference being how the cards are dealt. Today most of the casinos in South Africa players can only find mini Baccarat tables.
Online Baccarat rules South Africa
Online Baccarat has a set of rules that players need to abide by when playing the game.
Online Baccarat is a single player game. With Online Baccarat, you are only allowed one move per hand. When playing Online Baccarat, you can select from one of three free bets, which are: player, tie or banker. Then the cards are played according to determined rules. All three kinds of Online Baccarat versions have a minor rule difference.
The goal of the game is to get a hand calculating as close to nine without going over 9. All Tens, Queens, Kings, and Jacks, have a value of zero. Aces have a value of one, and all additional cards have their face value. The best possible hand is a natural hand that consists of a total value of eight or nine. Online Baccarat starts with the dealer giving cards to the banker and two other cards to the player.
How to play Online Baccarat SA
Every player has to start somewhere before they can master online baccarat. The best thing is to try out the free play version on Online Baccarat before you decide to play at a real money casino. Here is how you can play Online Baccarat:
When you start playing Online Baccarat, you should decide how much your budget is for the session. After having decided on the amount, you will like to bet with then you can decide on the size of bets that you want to make. The next step is to find the Baccarat tables. Players should find the version of baccarat they would like to play.
At the online baccarat table, you will find three marked sections. They are a banker, tie, and a player. You Place your chips on one section and wait for the casino dealer to call no more bets. The dealer will deal two cards to the gamblers and two cards to the player. If either hand has a natural, the game ends and winnings are paid out and losing bets are removed from the table.
Online Baccarat variations
Players can choose to play other versions of Online Baccarat. There are three versions of baccarat available to play. The popular Online Baccarat version is Punto Banco, sometimes called American Baccarat as it is the most known version you will find in online casinos. Other variants of the casino games include Baccarat Banque and Baccarat Chemin de Fer.
Punto Banco Online Baccarat
The game is played with four to six decks of playing cards without jokers. At the big table games of Punto Banco, you get 14 players. The croupier does all of the shuffling’s but the dealing is done in turn by each player moving in a clockwise direction. The player dealing the cards must follow the croupier instructions and must pass on the shoe if they place a losing bet.
Baccarat Chemin de Fer
Baccarat Chemin De Fer gives players a more active role in the game. Players have the option of shuffling the cards and playing the cards. Online baccarat is different to the Punto Banco because the cards are dealt face and not face up. The player with the biggest bet gets to see the face down cards whereas other players must wait for the result. Interestingly enough Baccarat Chemin de Fer is the only version where you have the option of taking another card or not.
Baccarat Banque is more like Baccarat Chemin de Fer. It allows one gambler to challenge the dealer and banker for the whole round. The card rules are the same with Baccarat Chemin de Fer.
Online Baccarat tips
Tips are there for players to take note. We have compiled a list of tips for both new and experienced players to take note of when playing online Baccarat.
- Players must make sure that they know the rules of the game before they begin to play. Players can start by playing free online Baccarat to learn the game before they can play for real money.
- Players should try to understand the odds of the game. There’re only three bets that players can place. If you do not know them, it will be a good idea to do some research on them before going forward.
- Select a game that deals with few decks. Choose to play the basic version of online Baccarat as it gives players more opportunities to win.
- It is advisable that players do not bet against a tie. With a tie bet, players are most likely to lose. It is better to bet on a banker.
- Players should set their budget and stick to it. If they lose, they should not chase after their loss as they may end up losing, even more, money.
Online Baccarat terms and glossary
- Baccarat: It means zero. When the banker and the player hand have a total or zero also known as baccarat.
- Banker: Three potential bets that are on a standard baccarat table game.
- Dealer: The person who is in charge of the cards. The dealer’s positions can be taken by players when playing at a big table.
- Dealing Shoe: Bowl in which the cards are dealt from
- Natural: This is the Baccarat hand consisting of the first two cards that make a total of eight and nine.
- Player: One of the three likely baccarat bets. It has a housing benefit of just over a percent and pays off at one to one. The player is the opposing bet to the banker.
- Tie: One of the three likely outcomes of a baccarat round of play. Tie bet has the maximum payoff at eight to one, but it can also come with a better house advantage of just under fifteen percent.
- Commission: Commission is the amount of money that is given to the player who wins after placing a Banker Bet.
- Stand-off: The stand-off is also known as a tie.
- Mini Baccarat: A version of a game that is usually found at an online casino. Mini Baccarat uses a smaller table with minor stakes.
Online Baccarat FAQs
New and experienced players are bound to have questions regarding online Baccarat. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions that we have answered for you:
What is Online Baccarat?
Online Baccarat is a game that is more like blackjack. Online Baccarat is known to be one of the oldest casino games and it is considered to be fun and easy to learn.
Is the payout the same if I bet on the banker’s hand?
Yes, it is the same. You can bet R200 on your hand or R200 on the dealer’s hand; you will win R200 when the hand wins.
Is it possible to play Online Baccarat for free?
Yes. Playing Online Baccarat for free is possible. Free play is made for players both new and experienced to practice their gaming skills. Online casinos allow players to play Online Baccarat without spending any money. They can play for real money when they are sure of their gaming skills.
How are cards valued in Baccarat?
Cards in baccarat are weighed differently based on how they are in different games.
How do I know if I have a good hand in Baccarat?
You need to understand the rules and the objectives of the game. Your objective will be to get your hand value of eight or nine.
Can I bet on the other player’s hand that instead of my hand?
Yes, you can bet on it. It is very much possible to bet on others hands. You can choose to bet on a bakers hand if you want to.