Casino banking refers to financial transactions, such as deposits and withdrawals at online casinos. Casino banking is an integral part of South African real money casinos as it facilitates the wagering with and for South African Rands. It is often one of the first things players look at before they sign up and create a profile. Players can check whether the South African Rand (ZAR) currency is accepted at online casinos in SA. The can also check how they can deposit money and withdraw their winnings.
There are a plethora of casino banking options available at online and mobile casinos in South Africa. One of the reasons why the need for a broad range of casino banking options exists is keeping the players’ information safe. Banking at the best South African online casinos is safer than ever.
Top South African Online Casinos
All of these services keep players’ information safe using cutting edge 128 -bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) digital encryption methods. Encryption means that even if the information gets compromised, it can never be used.
ZAR Casino Banking
Top Online Casino is your one-stop gambling site for everything related to casino banking in South Africa in 2017. At Top Online Casino, we only feature online casinos with the best online casino banking options. The featured online casinos all have casino banking options tailored to South African players. Casinos featured on Top Online Casino all accept South African players. Furthermore, they have a host of casino banking options that are all readily available via the internet. The casino banking options on the featured online casinos are safe for South African players to use.
Secure Casino Banking South Africa
A Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is the best way to secure your information. SSL technology creates a secure, encrypted link between your browser and the web server that holds the information on any online casino. It encrypts all the information sent to you and the online casino. This makes it impossible to decipher without the right key. Typically, if sites allow users to send information in plain text, it is easy for someone to steal their information. SSL prevents this by mixing up the information and decrypting it when it arrives at the user’s browser and the website’s server.
You can tell whether a banking page is secure by looking at the address bar in your browser. If it has a green bar or green lock before the website address, an SSL connection secures the link.
Millions of people’s information is encrypted using SSL security protocols every day. So if you see the green lock in your browser, you can rest easy that your banking information is safe.
Comparing SA Online Casino Banking Options
The online casinos featured on Top Online Casinos are South African Rand Casinos. The subject of safety and security will always come up when discussing depositing money into an online casino. Rest assured that all the casinos featured on Top Online Casino all take every precaution to protect your banking information.
Below we take a look at all the banking options available to South African players.
ZAR Credit and Debit cards
Credit and debit cards remain the most popular way for SA online gamblers to deposit funds into their casino account. Credit or debit card deposits are usually handled quickly and efficiently and all money deposited is automatically credited to a player’s gaming account.
Credit and debit cards accepted at online casinos:
- Amex or American Express
ZAR e-Wallet and e-Money Accounts
e-Wallet and e-Money services are fast becoming the preferred banking method for online casino players in South Africa. They allow players to deposit money quickly and securely while offering anonymity, as they don’t require players to give away their banking details online. There are several options available to South African online casino players. Below we take a look at some of the services and the advantages of each one.
- PayPal: Trusted by over 188 million users worldwide, PayPal is one of the most popular e-wallet services around. It allows for withdrawals and deposits, and players can securely send money using a credit or debit card.
- Neteller: A highly secure banking option. Also allows for withdrawals and instant deposits, with the added advantage of not needing to add any personal information. Neteller also has over 100 funding and withdrawal options.
- Skrill: A safe, no fee payment solution similar to an e-wallet. Skrill can be used globally, and has over 50 finance and withdrawal options. Also, has the possibility for instant deposits.
- Ukash: Ukash is a voucher system that allows players to buy vouchers of pre-determined values online. They can then redeem those vouchers, which come in the form of a 19-digit number, at any online casino. SA gamblers can buy vouchers with a debit or credit card, or via an EFT. Some grocery stores and supermarkets also accept Ukash payments.
- EcoPayz: An easy-to-use e-wallet that has a secure iPhone app to make payments. Allows for deposits and withdrawals.
ZAR Bank Transfer/EFT Payments
Some South African online casino players choose to ditch the middle man and make all their deposits via and EFT. It allows players the flexibility to pay whatever amount they like and whenever they want. EFT deposits can, however, take several days to clear at the bank and finally reflect in a player’s account. EFTs are a safe and secure way of paying without having to give away any of their personal details.
Online Casino Withdrawals South Africa
Almost all banking options, including EFT, debit and credit cards, e-wallet and e-money services allow quick and easy deposits. However, not all allow for withdrawals. It is important for players to read through the terms and conditions of their payment methods.
ZAR Withdrawal Limits
More often than not, players will encounter a withdrawal limit at an online casino. Some players only find out about withdrawal limits once they try and get their winning, so it remains of vital importance that players read through the terms and conditions when creating their profiles.
Safety Tips for Casino Banking SA
Online banking still has a negative and unfounded stigma attached to it. Many people believe that their personal information is at risk when banking online. Online banking is more secure than ever before. But, it remains the player’s responsibility to ensure that they keep their information safe.
- Players should never give out their private information (address, banking information, or even SA ID number) to anyone. An online casino might request that players provide a credit card number and proof of age before they can play.
- Never bank in a public space or over an unsecured internet connection. Cyber criminals often prowl public areas with Wi-Fi connections to steal users’ personal information. Only do your banking when you are alone and when you are sure that your internet connection, like a Wi-Fi network at home, is secure.
- Know your casino. Make sure that the online casino you want to play at support or accepts payments from your chosen e-wallet service. Knowing which methods are accepted will ensure that the casino can assist the player should they encounter problems withdrawing or depositing funds.
- Look out for the eCOGRA stamp of approval. eCOGRA is an independent institution that audits real money online casinos. They ensure that vulnerable customers are protected, ensure fair play and responsible marketing, and prevent underage gambling. Casinos that have been verified by eCOGRA and found to be in good standing will get the eCOGRA stamp of approval. Any casino with the stamp of approval is worth your time.
Casino Banking FAQs
Are the same banking options available on mobile casinos as online casinos?
Usually, but it depends on the casino. Casinos featured on Top Online Casinos usually have the same banking options available for both desktop online casinos as well as mobile casinos. Always check that the mobile or online casino you want to play at accepts your banking method.
Can casino banking withdrawals or deposits be reversed?
Yes. The player’s bank or e-wallet service can reverse deposits – as long as they haven’t been processed. Likewise, the online casino can reverse withdrawals. Some casinos have a 48-hour ‘pending state’ where players have the chance to reverse any withdrawal request made. Players should always read the terms and conditions when signing up to an online casino. It is important to confirm how quickly reversals on deposits and withdrawals are possible .
Will I need to submit any documents when making a withdrawal?
Yes. Most online casinos that comply with international banking regulations and eCOGRA will request a proof of age and identity, like a driver’s licence, ID document, or passport. They will also require a utility bill for a phone or electricity, to verify a player’s address before they make a payout. A player will usually need to email these documents to the online casino.
Do I need to withdraw my funds every time I log out of an online casino?
No. All online casinos save a player’s available funds to their profile. The funds are always ready for a player to bet with at any of the online casino games they offer.
What happens when a deposit or withdrawal ‘times out’?
A timeout usually happens when the online banking service encounters a technical difficulty. Withdrawals or deposits will not necessarily have failed if a timeout occurs. If a player receives a timeout notification, they should immediately contact their online casino’s customer support, either telephonically or via email. The online casino will then confirm whether the payments was successful. Some online casinos will also issue players with complimentary credits before a missing deposit has been established as a token of good faith. Complimentary credits are given at the online casino’s discretion.
Can I withdraw all my money at once?
This depends on the casino. Most online casinos have either a daily, weekly, or monthly withdrawal limit, preventing players from withdrawing all their winnings at once. Players should always carefully read through the terms and conditions when they sign up to an online casino. The casino will state withdrawal limits if they apply.