Best South African Online Casinos
Online Lotto is a game that players in South Africa enjoy playing most. The games offered on Online Lottery sites are the same as the traditional lottery games. The only difference is that with the Online Lottery you do not have to go to a retailer to play lotto. You can access lottery games on your laptop or mobile device at any time and place. The Online Lottery can also be defined as a digital version of the land-based lottery.
South African lottery games are drawn at different times, which are as follows:
|Wednesdays and Saturdays||21h00||Lotto and Lotto Plus|
|Tuesdays and Fridays||21h00||Powerball and Powerball plus|
South African Online Lottery – How to Play
Here is how you play South African lottery online:
- First, you register and deposit money into the account that you have created online. You can make a deposit through a bank transfer or credit card.
- You select the Online Lotto game you would like to play.
- The next step is to enter your betting amount. It can be a minimum of R5, and you can also play more than once.
- Then you click on place bets button and confirm your stake along with your selection of numbers. Then you will see the slip that has all your details and bets.
Types of Online Lottery Games South Africa
All national lottery games can be played online when you have registered. Below are the types of games that are offered by Online Lottery in South Africa.
Powerball and Powerball plus are available to play online using FnB and Nedbank online applications. The national lotto, Sports Stake 13 are available to play online on the national lottery website.
Online Keno Lottery
Online Keno is a lottery game that is based on the drawing of numbers and covering of consistent numbers on cards. Keno online is played at a much faster pace. You can select how many numbers you would like to play and if your chosen numbers come up in the 20 numbers that are drawn, you win.
The following are steps on how to play Online Keno:
- Step 1: You select the numbers that you want to play. You can choose as many numbers as you want. The higher the spot, the greater your chances of winning big prizes.
- Step 2: Select the numbers that you want to play between one and eighty. The chosen numbers must match the spot that you have selected on the first step
- Step 3: The next step is to mark on the Keno slip if you would like to gamble 12345 or 10 consecutive draws. You also have a choice of playing five hundred times by marking other tickets.
- Step 4: Then you choose the amount you want to play on each game.
- Step 5: Verify your ticket information and amounts and click purchase.
- Step 6: After that, you wait for the draw to see if you have won.
Online Poker Lottery
Poker lottery numbers are replaced with cards.
- Choose how many Poker Lotto hands you would like to play.
- Only three hands- per ticket can be played.
- Verify all your details then click purchase.
- Click purchase once you have checked all your details.
- Wait for the evening draw and when 2 or more numbers match the numbers on your cards, you win.
Online Bingo Lottery
- First, you scratch the card area so that you can see the bingo numbers.
- Then using your mouse, you choose numbers on card 1 to 8.
- Then you check on the card legend to see if you have won or not.
- The ticket that you have played can win you a couple of prizes.
South African Online Lottery facts
The lottery is a game of chance. There are tips on how to win the lottery, but no one has ever confirmed that they do work. Lotto games are just pure luck games.
- A 34-year-old man from Limpopo won the lottery jackpot twice. First, he won the national lottery in 2002 he won R11 million. Seven years later which was in 2009 he played lotto again, and he won R30 million.
- It has been reported that people have won the jackpot and not claim their prizes.
- A South African man spent R20 to play the lottery, and he became an instant multi-millionaire. When he saw that he won, he kept his lottery ticket in his shoe for safety.
South African Online Lottery History
The South African National Lottery was first introduced on the 11th of March 2000. At that time the operator was Uthingo which did a marketing campaign that was aimed at reaching eighty percent of South African homes. After their marketing effort, 800. 000+ tickets were sold in a day. Tickets worth R70 million got sold in the first three weeks.
In 2003, lotto plus was introduced. It was used to supplement the weekly lottery. In July 2006 the Gidani consortium and a Greek company called Intralot took over lotto from Uthingo. They were given a license to operate for seven years from April 2007. The operating license was granted to Gidani consortium and Intralot in October 2006.
Gidani then introduced scratch cards and soon after they were introduced, they were discontinued for some months when they lost their license to Ithuba holdings. Lotto licenses were then awarded to Ithuba Holdings in the year 2015. Ithuba then introduced two new games namely: eaziwin which is an instant win game that consists of four kinds of local-inspired games and Powerball Plus.
Moving on to modern times, the Online Lottery has kicked off and is growing in popularity in South Africa. Most South African players are now getting the feel of playing Lottery Online. Most players now prefer playing online than going to retailers to get their playing tickets. National lotteries have the highest draw prizes because of the high number of players that play and win. There are online lottery sites where players can purchase tickets to any Lottery game that is being played in South Africa and internationally.
South African Online Lottery FAQs
Every lottery player is bound to have questions about the lottery. Here is a list of questions and answers that we, the best casino online South Africa – Top Online Casinos have compiled for you:
What time do ticket sales close for upcoming Lotto draws?
Online ticket sales close thirty minutes before the draw.
Does Lotto have a guaranteed minimum jackpot amount?
When a player wins the biggest prize, the jackpot for the next draw will be set to an estimated R1 million, and it will continue to roll over until it is won.
Can I cancel an entry?
No, after you have confirmed your online entry, you cannot cancel it. When you play online, you will be asked to verify your purchase. You have to check all your details before you click purchase.
If I register for play online, will I be added to a promotions email list?
When you register for play online, you choose if you would like to receive information about other games and software. There is a box you can tick if you want to receive information or not.
How do I deposit money into my play online account?
Funds can be transferred using your credit card to you play online account directly.
Does Lotto have a rollover limit or jackpot cap?
No, it doesn’t. The Lotto jackpot will continue to roll over until there is a player that has matched all the winning six numbers drawn.