Baccarat banque is also known as “baccarat à deux tableaux” which means “baccarat on two tables”. In this variant of the table game, the banker goes against two player hands at the same time. The croupier sits opposite the banker, and on each side of them will be a half of the table with players. Like baccarat chemin de fer, baccarat banque is not completely a game of chance because players can influence the outcome.
How to Play Baccarat Banque
Like the other versions of the game, baccarat banque also has some unique rules which set it apart from the rest. Below are some game rules and basic steps which the game follows.
- Three decks of cards are usually used.
- The croupier shuffles the cards first, then players on both sides of the table, then the banker does the final shuffle.
- A player is then selected by the banker to split the cards with a blank card.
- The croupier then deals the banker and each side of the table a card each.
- Bets are then placed on which the winning hand will be.
- Regardless of which side of the table punters are, they can bet on either hand or on both simultaneously (this is known as playing across the line).
- After the punters at the table have placed their bets, onlookers can also make wagers.
- The rest of the cards are dealt. In total, three hands of two cards are dealt – one each for punters on both sides of the table, and one for the bank.
- The highest score possible in nine and the winning hand is the one with the highest score.
- If a hand has two digits, the last digit is taken as the score (for example, 15 is five, 22 is two, etc.)
- If any hand value is equal to eight or nine, cards are turned face up and then compared.
Baccarat Banque Tips
Like in the chemin de fer, gamblers can make use of some tips in this baccarat variant. Below are some strategies for punters to consider which are rooted in baccarat established practices and mathematics.
- When the total of the initial hand is a score between 0 and 4, accept a third card.
- If the total of the initial hand equals a score of 6 or 7, refuse a third
Guidelines do not make recommendations for hands worth a score of 5 points.
Baccarat Banque Conclusion
Baccarat à deux tableaux is an entertaining version of baccarat. Due to the interactive nature of the game, baccarat banque tables can get crowded at land-based casinos. Many gamblers in South Africa enjoy the atmosphere which this social casino game creates. Have you given it a try yet?
To read about Baccarat Chemin De Fer, click here.
For information on Punto Banco, click here.