Can I Get Rich by Gambling?
The answer is yes, you can get very rich by gambling, but the probability of that happening is very slim. Otherwise, everyone would be rich and casinos be dry as hell. With some skill, strategy and Lady Luck on your side, you can beat the odds.
You can get rich by gambling by:
- Winning the lottery
- Playing high stake casino games
- Hitting a progressive slot jackpot
- Taking part in poker tournaments
- Sports betting
Of course, some games will have better odds than others, which is why it is always important to learn about a game before wagering.
How Much Money Can You Make from Gambling?
You can make up to millions of Rands from gambling. But there are a lot of things to consider. For instance, factors such as the games you choose to play and how much you bet. For example, if you are playing online Texas Hold’em poker, a R1 bet on 500.00 odds returns R500. But if you put in R100 you win R50 000.
In the lottery, a simple R5 bet can win you an entire jackpot. In February 2019, a player from Cape Town won a whopping R232 million after spending just R22.50 on a Powerball ticket.
However, you must always remember that when it comes to gambling, the house always wins. So, the longer you spend gambling is the more you stand to lose more. It’s always a good idea to walk away after scoring a big win or at least take breaks when gambling.
Has Anyone Gotten Rich from Gambling? – Richest Gamblers South Africa
There are several people who have made hundreds to millions of Rands playing their favorite games. These range from gambling games, tournaments and betting on sports. Below are some of the people who got rich from gambling:
- Kerry Packer – became R660 million richer after playing the Arabian Knights progressive slot.
- John Heywood – won over R370 million in the popular Mega Moolah slot.
- Don Johnson – won over R247 million in a blackjack tournament.
- Anonymous from Cape Town – R232 million in Powerball.
- Anonymous from KZN – R153 million in Powerball Plus.
- Anonymous from Secunda – R145 million in Powerball.
- Anonymous from Western Cape – R141 million in Powerball.
- Anonymous from KZN – R135 million in Powerball.
- S. A – won R1 million on Crazy Time from a single bet of R1 000.
- S. Ndlela – won R1 million on a 22 leg multi-bet.
Who is The Richest Gambler in the World?
When we talk about the richest gambler in the world, we talk about professional gamblers. One of them is Bill Benter, a Blackjack Hall of Famer who cashes around $100 million a year from gambling.
Benter was a serial winner utilizing the blackjack card counting strategy. However, winning most of the time resulted in him getting banned from most casinos. The former maths professor now bets on horses and has developed a strategy to help with his predictions.
How to Become a Millionaire Gambling
While we all want to become instant millionaires from playing gambling games, it must be noted that gambling is potentially addictive. In fact, statistics prove gambling to be a quick way of losing money.
However, with the right attitude and good strategy up your sleeve, you can become a millionaire gambling. Just remember not to chase losses because it is highly likely to finish your money quickly. Also, try different casino games to see where your luck is.